Subject: [Leica] Re: 40mm lens & viewfinder
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

    I've been following this thread, since recently I bought a 40 'Cron
for my M2. I already had a 50 thorium 'Cron LTM that I could use (w/
adapter, natch) but I thought that the 40 would do reasonable double
duty as both 35 and 50, and I could put my money into other focal
lengths.
    As to the cam issue, are there other Leitz lenses than the CL pair
that use a sloping cam? Others that I have, both Leitz and Jupiter LTMs,
have non-sloping 'cams' (bearing surface parallel to mount), some of
which rotate while focusing, some not.
    The VF issue IS a little sticky, but with my glasses on (and not
moving the eye vis-a-vis the eyepiece) I can see beyond the 50 lines,
but not as far as the 35s, so I get about what I can see.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh