Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris & Tripod
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:16:56 -0700

Gerry Walden wrote:

> Bearing all this in mind, how did people like Ronis, Doisneau etc. work?
> If you can't photograph people, and you can't photograph in public places it
> is nearly impossible.   Or do the French close their eyes to this law like
> they do to so many others (like the "No Smoking" in restaurants rule - only
> last week I saw a couple sat under a 'No Smoking' sign in a restaurant, both
> smoking.)   Do you really mean that when I photograph in the Jardin de
> Luxembourg I am breaking the law?
>
> Gerry

That couple smoking under the no smoking sign would have made a great shot too
except you'd be stepping on toes legally.
They guy who painted the no smoking sign could have sued you for infringement of
his intellectual property!
Mark Rabiner
Also the cigarette manufacture would not have their product displayed in a
manner not to their agreement. (Got lost in translation)

Message from "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Paris & Tripod)