Subject: RE: [Leica] One Eye
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:01:03 -0600

> Hi Mark,
>
> Don't feel bad. With only one eye you don't see in 3D anyway! ;-)
>
> ted

Hi Ted,

I have both eyes functioning, but have an odd condition (which I can never
remember that name of), whereby by they kinda function independently, so I
don't see in 3D either (and don't ask me to catch a ball!)

Confused the army no end when they tried to get me do some stereoscopic
interpretation and viewing of aerial photographs (but it always seemed an
advantage on the rifle range, especially the Close-Quarter Battle range,
where I could keep both eyes open and it didn't effect my aim!)

I've always wondered how it effects the way I see and photograph - as
photographs come out 2D - maybe it's an advantage? Maybe it gives something
of a different vision? I don't know. (also why I like the Hockney quote!)

Tim

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] One Eye)