Subject: Re: [Leica] that LUG photo competition
From: "Takeshi Hashimoto" <hashimoto.takeshi@mailcity.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 06:23:50 -1100

Without meaning to, I seem to have offended those of you who think absolutely everything should be within your means, whatever they may be. Whether we like it or not, that's the case. I cannot afford everything I want all at once, but I certainly don't blame or vilify those who make those things. Perhaps this comes with maturity. Instead, I try to improve my lot in life so that I can afford more of the things I want. So, those among you who believe Leica are robbers, bear in mind that the company lost money for several years recently, so they're not exactly getting rich, even by catering to those who can afford those special editions.

Secondly, it seems as though many posts on this list dealing with technical problems should be directed to Leica repair. "The advance lever on my M-3 feels sloppy" hardly qualifies as a useful post on this list. It would probably cut down a bit on unnecessary posts. Am I wrong here?

- --