Subject: [Leica] "Unnecessary Posts??"
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:16:05 -0400

Mr. Hashimoto wrote: "...it seems as though many posts on this list dealing
with technical problems should be directed to Leica repair. 'The advance
lever on my M-3 feels sloppy' hardly qualifies as a useful post on this
list..."

I was under the impression that one function of a users' group...a truly
fantastic gift from the Internet...was to share common problems and
solutions.  Personally, I find the technical and mechanical aspects of my
cameras much more interesting than their relative market value or elitist
appeal.  I even own a couple of machines (Nikons, by the way), that I enjoy
tinkering with...taking apart and putting back together and seeing how they
work.  So, what's wrong with posting a service question?  And, for that
matter, what's wrong with undoing a few screws and taking a look inside our
marvelous little toys?   If you're careful, you won't hurt them...and it
might be fun!

Actually, I think we should forget our debates, go out and take some pretty
pictures, and share them with each other.  I, for instance, would love to
take a "virtual tour" of all our members' neighborhoods.

Craig
Boston