Subject: Re: [Leica] One Eye
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:31:52 -0400

Jeremy:

I shot competition with 58 cal muskets.  Only primitive original mil spec
sights and positions allowed. 50 and 100 yd mostly offhand using my own
design 800gr minie ball.  It was a real hoot! Serious recoil, I don't know
how our undersized ancestors withstood these things.

They haven't got around to regulating black powder weapons with > 30in
barrels yet!

OT- Sherry K. has told me in no uncertain terms that carrying the M2 or 3 on
long Harley trips would vibrate everything out of sync unless padded with an
absurd amount of foam.  I have so far logged over 10,000 miles with my older
M cameras in a saddle bag just wrapped in a light jacket.  So far no
problems with the RF alignment or anything AFAIK.  Very tough gear.

JB