Subject: Re: [Leica] Boring
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 00:17:53 -0400

>>> Talking about online filters, this thread has been an inconvenience.  You
>>> see, I
>>> subscribe to both the Leica and Contax lists, and each is filtered on the
>>> subject line to go to the proper sub-inbox.  Works well until the word
>>> "Contax"
>>> appears in the subject line of a post to the Leica list.  I created the
>>> Contax
>>> sub-inbox and filters first ..... so, all these have ended up with the
>>> Contaxians.  Sort of funny, really.

Filter on email addresses, not on subject headers.  For example, all email
to the LUG has "To:" set to "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us".  The Contax
list will have something different (of course), but if you filter according
to the address, Leica people can write all they like about Contax cameras
without it ending up in the wrong mail box.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Super Cali goes ballistic, Celtics are
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | atrocious.
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |       -- British sports headline.