Subject: [Leica] No light seals?
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:53:33 +0100

John Collier <jbcollier@home.com> wrote:

>Now both you and I know that the M cameras have no seals and use
light traps to
keep it dark in there.

This secret has not been shared with the service department at Solms,
who recently diagnosed that my ever-troublesome M6 now has light
leaks, and listed for me the seals which would have to be replaced!
Perhaps the early Ms used light traps, and the later models switched
to light seals...

But I do agree with John when he says that:

"Quite often a well written word can help the puzzled poster to solve
their problem and, at the very least, gives them the proper vocabulary
and resources to get it properly repaired...I, and many others, have
benefited from service advice given by various knowledgeable
leica-users."

Regards,

Doug Richardson