Subject: Re: [Leica] No light seals?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:17:50 -0600

I have never had a newer camera apart but the earlier cameras do not have
felt light seals. They have light baffle plates and caps at various places
about the mechanism; four or so around the view/rangefinder, a guide spring
for the synchronisation circuit functions as a light baffle, neck strap lugs
and, of course the shutter curtains. There are no felt seals to collapse
over time such as the R cameras suffer from. While digging about for this
answer I found one interesting cause of light flare on the negative could be
the inadvertent polishing of the rangefinder arm over time if heavily and
clumsily used!

Cheers

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] No light seals?)