Subject: Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:57:41 -0700

Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> I recently acquired an M3 SS, which is my first Leica.  It came with a
> 50mm Summarit.  I'd like to supplement that lens with a 50mm Summicron.
> I've been reading a bit about the various models of these lenses (11817,
> 11819, and  others) and while there's a fair amount of technical
> information out there, I'd like to get some user impressions of these
> lenses.  Which ones do you like and for what reasons?

Hi Shel,

     Why not shoot with the 50mm Summarit for a limited time, like a month?
At f/5.6 or f/8, you're not going to see any difference unless you're
trying to, like using Tech Pan or Kodachrome 25 with a tripod and enlarging
or projecting really big.

     Besides, then you'll have your own opinion, should you wish to trade.
I'd strongly suggest keeping the Summarit and considering, after using it,
whether you would prefer a wider or longer lens as a second optic.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net

Replies: Reply from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron)