Subject: Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:57:38 -0700

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Bud Cook wrote:
> >
> > Here's Erwin Put's view on things...
> >
> > http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/lenses/pages/summicronm.html
>
> Thanks.  I've read that.  What I'd like to get are some user impressions
> of these lenses.  Which ones folks like and for what reasons.  There's
> lots of technical data out there.  I'm looking for personal feelings
> about the various lenses - something a bit more subjective, perhaps.  Do
> you prefer one over another and for what reason?  Do you shoot color or
> B&W and which lens seems to work best for your style of shooting?
> That's the sort of information I'm seeking.
>
> --
> Shel Belinkoff
> mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net

I think it's Leica's signature lens. It was my first. And if I was starving to
death and selling my lenses one by one it would be the last to go.
I'm big on 50's. And I've said here before to a mixed reaction that the Leica 50
Summicron is the lens most lenses are compared against.
It is not Asph, it is not 1.4. It is not APO. But it is second to none in its
power to make a strong image in my fairly complete lens arsenal.
Mark Rabiner

Message from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron)
Message from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron)