Subject: Re: [Leica] Visit to Wetzlar
From: Jeff Alford <jalford1@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:01:57 -0700

Ken,

I was very fortunate to be sent to the Leica Akademie back in 1988 and
stayed at the Wetzlarer Hof. It is quite close to the Leitz factory.

Wetzlar is divided by the Lahn river. The Altstadt (old town) is on one side
and across the river is the "modern" side of town.  You will be staying in
the old town side. The Altstadt is very quaint and hilly. There are many
things to photograph. One off my favorites was the farmer's market. If you
are there at that time you should check it out. It was held weekly in the
Domplatz (Cathedral square).

Also, if you have time, and a car, you may want to visit the Greifenstein
castle.

Enjoy your trip,

Jeff

Jeff Alford