Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:34:59 -0400

Steve said:

"...if Leica came out with a...Black Paint USER M6 I would be the first
in line to buy two, maybe three of them."

Boy, do I have a deal for you...

The LHSA M6 is obviously being marketed as a commemorative collectors'
piece.  In years to come these limited edition machines may or may not
command premium prices.  Who knows?  "Mint" condition ones may be more
desirable than "brassy" ones...or it could be the other way around.  Again,
who knows?  If you want one, buy one...and either put it in a display case
or bang it around.  It's yours to do with as you will.

Personally, I think somebody who just wants a black paint M6 should do what
we used to do with M4s...buy scratched up chrome ones, have the chrome
removed by a electroplater and have the pieces black lacquered by an auto
body shop.   Once the chrome is stripped, you can actually (gasp) paint it
yourself!!

An lawyer friend confirms that there is no law (at least in the U.S.) that
prohibits modifying a Leica.

Craig
Boston

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] LHSA M6)