Subject: [Leica] Macro and zoom
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 07:16:24 -0700

I almost always carry my f/4 80-200. Is there a way to use it effectively as
a macro lens?

1) Since the filter size is the same as the 100mm 2.8, can I use the Elpro
made for that lens on the zoom? Seems mechanically feasible. What about
image quality?

2) Has anyone had experience using a Macro-R adapter with this lens? I
assume since there is no APO glass in the 80-200 it will work OK with
extension rings. (It's my understanding that APO glass doesn't work as well
with extension).

3) Has anyone used this zoom with a 2X extender plus Elpro or extension?

I'd appreciate your thoughts, comments, experiences.

Thanks,

Gib