Subject: Re: [Leica] Civility
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:02:17 -0600

Hmmm......How long have you been on the list as we are doing really quite
well these last few weeks (maybe even months now?!). Email is a difficult
art and its intentions are all too easily misconstrued. In combination with
the fact that people are often quite thin skinned beneath their seemingly
tough hides and we get a potentially deadly combination. It is easy for
strongly held opinions to result in strongly expressed postings so it pays
to relax and laugh a little more at the fundamental silliness of humanity
and especially of ourselves. Having commuted by bicycle for over 15 years
now, I have learned to smile and wave at speculations on my ancestry. I
doubt even the vast range of experience that the leica-users represents
could come up with something new along that line. So if you are new to the
list, relax for a while and try making note of the helpful posts, of which
there are many, and ignore the few impolite ones. You may notice a pattern
and be able to set up a helpful filter or two.

Cheers

John Collier

Free Speech is not always Fun.

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Civility)