Subject: Re: [Leica] flash hearsay OFF-TOPIC
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 07:45:24 -0400

I find the built-in flash in my Minolta 9 to be a very useful tool.  When I
don't need it it stays hidden away inside the camera, but when I want it,
it is ready to be used.  It is not the most powerful flash in the world,
but with a gn of 39 (feet at ISO 100), it is strong enough to light up a
small room.   But I use it as a fill flash, and for this it functions
perfectly.  Flash compensation is controllable independently of the regular
metering, and can be used quite subtly.  And even occasionally using the
flash, I have still managed to expose 90 (and still counting) rolls of 36
exp film on the current set of batteries.  So the flash doesn't have to be
a battery hog.

I'm not suggesting that a builtin flash be added to an M6, but not because
it somehow associates the camera with a "Point and Shoot camera".  It is a
useful tool, simple as that.

Dan C.