Subject: Re: [Leica] Agfa Scala
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:02:29 -0400 (EDT)

I wonder if anyone here is as fond of Scala as I am.  For years I only
shot chromes, so this was my standard black and white film.  Wonderful
stuff, but limits you to a single lab in New York:  Duggal has a monopoly
on the processing.  (Otherwise you have to send it to Florida.)  The
magazines often print it with a sepia cast, and the results can be
remarkable:  almost like a platinum print. (Speaking of which, while we're
recommending books, I was just raving about Kenro Izu's platinum prints
of Angkor Wat, in "Light Over Ancient Angkor.")

Douglas Cooper

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Agfa Scala)
Reply from Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Agfa Scala)
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Agfa Scala)