Subject: Re: [Leica] R-lenses question...
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:49:05 EDT

zilopipo@hotmail.com writes:

<< 50 mm designed for leicaflex and after that an elmarit 35 mm leicaflex
 designed too (they are cheaper... I'm still a student!), my question is: are
 these optics, made in the seventies, as good as the ones made in the  >>

I have both the old 50 Summicron (the first one) and a newer version, but not
the most recent R only model, and feel that the newer one has slightly more
contrast but that both produce beautiful Kodachrome slides.
I also have the old 35mm Elmarit and a newer 35 Summicron and I feel that the
Elmarit is fine unless you need F2.

Of course, "better" has a variety of meanings. I am only referring to color
slides and prints here, not resolution/contrast tests.

Bob Figlio