Subject: Re: [Leica] Using f 4 35-70, f 4 80-200 zooms
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 18:29:43 EDT

I have been using the 28-70 zoom for many years. In fact I bought it new! I
have taken photos from identical positions on the same film with the 28, 50
and 90 Summicrons and on color negative film the 28-70 actually produced more
detail on distant objects. However , the 28-70 does produce quite a bit of
distortion on flat test targets close- up, but I have never observed that
characteristic in actual picture taking situations.
I also have the 70-210 zoom and have been very pleased with it. I seriously
considered buying the 70-180 but it will not fit my SL and Sl II's.
I have traveled throughout Europe, the U.S. and the Carribean with those two
zooms, a 60 Elmarit, a 400 Telyt, a 2X extender and a polarizer.  It is a
great combination.
Bob Figlio