Subject: [Leica] Leica Manual - First Edition Info Needed
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:08:46 +0000

Hello all

I recently picked up a LEICA MANUAL, first edition, second printing
(November) circa 1935, sans dust jacket. The book is in excellent condition
with no water damage, tears, etc. The binding is perfectly sound, the cover
is "aged", but is in equally excellent condition. I paid $20 dollars CDN
(approx. $13 USD). I had my choice between a 12 edition in lousy condition
and a 15 edition in "ok" condition for the same price.

Yes, I realise that there will be more information in the later editions as
Leica introduced the M's and later III's, but generally speaking, first
editions of low print run books are rare, or at least uncommon.

I'm curious as to the value. I've searched through the archives to find
similar postings to no avail (I have seen the 1977 reprint for as much as 25
dollars USD or more). It's a nice addition to my photography library, so
I'll keep it for now, but would this be of any particular interest to die
hard Leica collectors ?

Regards

William