Subject: [Leica] A bunch of stuff
From: john costo <mahler@lvcm.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 23:37:12 -0700

Hi LUGgers:

My favorite books:

    Leica: none at the moment
    photography: anything by Annie Leibovitz
    non-photo: James Joyce's "Dubliners"

Re K-25 and K-200: I love these films. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Re Agfa Scala: the only B+W film I use. Terrific. Scan it and get a
digital print made on Fuji Archive (color) paper (from the Lightjet 5000
printer) for great tone and contrast.

Re other cameras I use:

    in MF: a Minolta Autocord and (soon) a Fuji GSW-690 III

    in LF: a Canham 4x5 DLC with 75, 110, and 210 lenses

Re labs for K14 and E6: why has no one mentioned A&I in Los Angeles?
http://www.aandi.com/
You can buy mailers at B&H for $5.49, for processing at A&I. Good for
one roll of 36 exp 35mm or one roll of 120. I send a bunch of them at a
time in a US priority mail box. A&I is generally regarded as the best
color slide lab in the country. The mailers are good for K14 or E6. They
process the same day they receive. So for K14, your total cost is about
$11.50 if you use K25 and $15.50 if you use K200 (assuming you buy the
film from B&H).

You might as well have my favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"

    regards,

    John Costo