Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 2/35 pre-asph answers
From: Jlaird@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:18:34 EDT

In a message dated 05/28/2000 6:37:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk writes:

<< on 28/5/00 9:25 am, Franck Maubuisson at fmaubuis@club-internet.fr wrote:

 > I used other 35mm lenses with much better results (canon FD 2/35
especially),
 > and I also get sharper looking images  with the 2/50 mm
 > summicron and with my new 4/25 mm cosina.

 I never used the 35 summicron but I'll vouch for the 35/2 FD, which is a
 spectacularly good lens. Almost as good as the 35/1.4 lux asph... ok, not
 really, but considering I bought my FD used for about ONE TENTH of the price
 of my lux... hmmm.  >>

On this subject (I hope) what are the relative merits of the 35 'cron 1.4
ASPH over the 35 2 ASPH, besides the obvious one of one more stop. I've seen
nothing but praise on LUG for the 1.4 and I'm planning to buy a 35 soon.

Jim