Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL
From: jcoleman@interport.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:04:10 -0400

William Gower wrote:

> How "like a tank" is it ? My Nikon F and (even more so) my F2 (both with
> standard non-metering prisms) are the most "tank like" cameras I've ever
> hauled around. Wonderfully durable hand-built cameras, titanium shutters and
> mirror assemblies, black enamel finish -  love them or not, to disregard the
> F and F2's legendary durability would be simply ignorant.
>
> Is the SL even more so ? I'd be curious to hear people's opinions who have
> extensively used both.

I'm sure Doug will back me up on this:  while the Nikon F is very tough, it's
like a Diana compared to the SL (Ford to Mercedes?  Nikon to Leica?).  The SL
is much smoother and more solidly built.

Jay Coleman

I will admit to having more experience with the SL than with the F.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL)