Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 1.4 vs 35 2 ASPH was Summicron 2/35 pre-asph answers
From: jcoleman@interport.net
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 06:03:18 -0400

Jlaird@aol.com wrote:

> But does the 35 2 ASPH have these same good virtues? I know the shallow dof
> of the 1.4 does have advantages, but is that worth $1000?? Question is...is
> the 35 2 just as good as the 1.4 OTHER than the extra stop? If so, then all I
> have to decide is if the extra speed (and weight) is worth it. Or am I
> missing something?

I do not think you will be missing anything.  I have the 35/2 Asph. and it is
excellent.  Ted can attest since he saw a print of mine (family sitting around
the fireplace) shot wiht it wide open.  I have used the 35/1.4/Asph. but have not
had extensive experience with it.

Also, in case you haven't already, check out Erwin Puts website:  www.imx.nl.  He
reviews the Summicron and compares it to the Summilux.  He thinks the Summicron
is better.

Jay Coleman