Subject: Re: [Leica] Something useful
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:25:23 -0700

Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:
> > 1.- One book only per category.
 > 4.- The categories are:
> >             A.- Favorite Leica Toy (equipment),book
> >              B.- Favorite Picture book (non-Leica
> > photographers are permitted)
> >              C.- Favorite Non-Photo Photo book.
> > (biographies, etc.)

Sal,

A/...............  N/A

B/..............  75 Years of Leica Photography
                Publisher:  The Leica Camera Group
                Leica Order  No. 942 - 150   1990

An extremely inspirational book simply because it illustrates how many
variations of photography can be enjoyed using a Leica, M or R.  And
there is only one image for each photographer, which means the greats
and not so greats are equal!  They each have a common bond..... the
Leica Camera.   This book makes you want to get your ass out the door
and take pictures!

Second choice?  Well what can I say,  "This is Our Work. The Legacy of
Sir William Osler." It's motivational, interesting and I just like it.
Author... publisher:   Ted Grant ISBN:  0-9698568-0-6

C/ .......... PHOTOJOURNALISM.  Pictures for Magazines and Newspapers
             Author  Arthur Rothstein.  Publisher: American Photographic
Book Publishing Co. Inc.
	     Library of Congress #:  56-11558

This book is a must read for it's simplicity of explaining the values of
being a photojournalist and what it takes to be successful.  Probably
only found on used book shelves.

Message from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Something useful)