Subject: Re: [Leica] R zoom recommendation?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 21:01:33 +0200

George,

The best of the zooms are without doubt the new(ish) 2.8/35-70mm and
2.8/70-180mm. You will pay dearly, however, in terms of both price and
weight. I have the 4/35-70mm Vario Elmar and it is a wonderful lens in
every respect, except of course the smallish maximum aperture. But if
you can live with that, it is wonderful.

Nathan

george wrote:

> Hi,
>  can anyone advise concerning whether some of the less
> expensive used R zooms on the market have any pitfalls...
> the 35-70 or the 70-200,etc. Do they have the "Leica glass look"
> when you print out results, or are they best avoided. I can't
> seem to find comparisons that specify which if any of the zooms
> weren't up to usual Leica results...
> thanks
> George Kase

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch