Subject: [Leica] OT: Alternative Formats to 24X36mm
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:49:13 -0400

<What do you Leica shooters (trying to stay somewhat on topic) like for MF
work when forced away from a 24X36mm image?

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube>

Michael - I use a 6x7 Fuji GW670III - it is a rangefinder, and relatively
cheap, about $1700 Canadian complete with the fixed 90 mm lens.  I find it
gives great shots, but sometimes I have a problem with the rangefinder,
particularly in low light.  The rangefinder is not as sophisticated as the
Leica, not sure why.  Because of the low light problem, I am also
considering the GA645Zi,, it has a flash accessory on a bracket raised
about a foot above the camera, this would be of great help in my family
portrait shooting, where I am required to use MF, and the autofocus would be
great with small children and dogs, cats, parrots etc.

Hugh Thompson - not yet Leica equipped, but working on it, and loving the
LUG!