Subject: Re: [Leica] Project Jerusalem, or the f/1.4 school of landscape
From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 01:42:03 +0100

on 4/6/00 10:48 pm, Chandos Michael Brown at cmbrow@mail.wm.edu wrote:

> Frankly, I find these impossibly dark--which may be a question of gamma,
> but, then, why should a viewer have to fiddle with his/her monitor to look
> at your images?

Well, you tell me how you keep viewers on mac, windows 98, windows 2000,
with or without colorsync, happy? Gammas varying between 1.8 and 2.2... with
low-key images there is simply no way to keep everyone happy. Many of the
images are delibarately very low key but not meant to be 'impossibly' so...
check your platform-dependent solipsism at the door and crank up the
brightness, if you're that concerned.

- --
Johnny Deadman

photos:      http://www.pinkheadedbug.com