Subject: [Leica] Re: DR Summicrons
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:43:33 -0400

I dopn't have my DR in front of me but I seem to recall that it focuses to
about 19" in the closeup mode.

Ken Wilcox

At 8:20 AM -0500 6/5/0, Bergman, Mark A. wrote:
>The Dual range Summicron was NEVER a macro lens or even close focusing lens.
>Without the attachment it focused down to something like 40", with the
>attachment it focused to about 28".  The generation of Summicrons after the
>Dual Range model all focus down to about 28" or 26" thus there is no reason
>to use the dual range.  The DR Summicron was made to be used with the M3,
>all Summicrons after the DR work just fine for minimum focusing distance
>(parallax and all).
>
><< Thanks for everybody's advice on using the DR summicron with my M6
> (TTL).  It doesn't sound like it's such a joy to use, and I'm not sure
> I want to buy equipment that I have to machine in order to be able to
> use. >>

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>