Subject: Re: [Leica] Recommendation for Grand Canyon
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:33:20 -0700

 SML wrote:

> [...]
M or R?<<<<<<

Every lens you own!  Quite simply, the Grand Canyon can make use of
every lens and then some as it's such an incredible picture location
you'll be more than amazed at it's beauty and size. The picture
possibilities are endless and limited only by your ability to see or the
depth of your imagination!

Well don't be surprised like I was earlier this year expecting it to be
"WARM!" There was a weather system that created snow over the Canyon and
the locals all thought it was an incredible opportunity for great
pictures, as it rarely snows around the immediate area of the Grand
Canyon.

Quite frankly I'd have traded hot weather for the beauty of the snow, as
we were dressed for sunny balmy southern Arizona temps.

And no I don't think you'll need to worry about the heat factor and the
operation of your RE, as I've used R cameras  at 43 degrees Celsius,
approx. 115-120 degrees and hotter without any problem and I'm sure
there are LUG members who've been shooting at higher temperatures than that.

Just go for it, don't worry yourself about anything but shooting great
pictures, as you're going to one of the most mind blowing areas of land
mass I've ever been in for super magical pictures.
ted

Message from jcoleman@interport.net (Re: [Leica] Recommendation for Grand Canyon)