Subject: Re: [Leica] A palate cleanser...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:58:52 -0700

Damian Dlugolecki wrote:

> Yes, well I'm sure we would all want to see your pictures from Speakers Corner 40 years ago.<<<<

Hi Damian,

Well my friend if you happen to be in Ottawa, Canada sometime,  make a
visit to the National Archives of Canada and request to see the "Ted
Grant Collection" within the National Photo Collection, I'm sure you'll
be quite surprised to find a nice group of  "Speakers Corner" folks from
forty years ago.

If you find a copy of "Star Weekly magazine December 1963" a Canadian
publication, you'll find a feature spread from Orator's Corner, same
place.  The people look the same as those in Johnny Deadman's series
only the clothes are different,  but they're the same types telling us
the world is going to end etc.

Orator's Corner or Speakers Corner, has been a gathering place in London
for probably a century or more and is a photographer's picture paradise,
you just can't miss as there are so many people speaking out about every
imaginable subject on the planet.  And best of all, they love having
their picture taken

I've never seen any other location in the world like it,  a mother lode
of picture potential for amateur and pros alike.  So, if your frustrated
with the picture potential around home town, check the travel agencies
for a quick weekender flight to London, hell you can buy round trip
airfare for a few hundred US.  Go shoot your brains out and spend the
next few weeks making prints! ;-)

And Damian, don't forget to visit the National Archives and see some
prints. ;-)
ted

Message from "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] A palate cleanser...)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] A palate cleanser...)