Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT} Quantum Battery 1 question
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 21:38:56 -0500

once upon a time Johnny Deadman wrote:

> I have one of these which I haven't used for a while and for which I've lost
> the manual. What's the procedure for doing a 'special' recharge to
> completely drain the battery and then bring it up again? I seem to remember
> that you put the switch in the 'on' position while recharging or something,
> but I screwed up one battery already by using the wrong charger and don't
> want to screw this one up too.

Johnny,

I think Joseph has already answered your question quite well, but one thing
to keep in mind when dealing with Quantum, IME they have excellent customer
service and will completely rebuild a battery for much less than a new one
costs.  I have had my turbo rebuilt once and one of my QB1's done
twice....that battery I have had since college, going on about 14 years now
and still delivering the flashes.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net