Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #158
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:28:17 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/00 7:08:45 AM, owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
writes:

<< I tend to be revising my opinions a lot these day, and I'd like to take
back my overarching critique of the OM system.  I had a chance to handle
the body that first turned me on to the marque -- the OM1n -- and I
remember why at fifteen it appealed so much.  It's a lovely creature. >>

Doug,

I'm glad you have seen the light. When the OM1 was introduced in the early
70s, I knew I had found a worthy SLR companion to my Leicas. It is even
smaller and lighter than an M3, almost the size of a IIIf. Interestingly,
when it was first test marketed it was simply called the M1 but the name was
soon changed. I wonder why?

The OM1, OM1n, and OM2 were built to the highest quality standards of the
time and are real workhorses. The Olympus fixed focal length lenses are
superb. The cameras became the favorite of the European working press, much
as the Nikons did in the US.

LarryZ

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] Olympus "M" line)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #158)