Subject: [Leica] Re: Olympus
From: Nick Plekhanov <nickpaleo@geocities.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 23:31:53 -0700

My experience as a former OM owner: some lenses are just superb and very
close, almost indistinguishable from Leica. I am talking in particular
about the more expensive Zuiko: 2/21, 2/50 macro and 2/100 I used to
have them for a few years. These are truly amazing in all respects.
However now that I can compare them with Summicrons-M 35 asph and 50 and
Elmarit 2.8/90, I can say that the contrast of Leica's lenses are
deeper, esp. at b/w prints. Also the very subtle details of the image
are more pleasant, almost graphical, drawing-like. I can't find words to
describe it. Those Zuiko were superb, but Leica is slightly different,
having a kind of better, more attractive style.