Subject: Re: [Leica] Univeral law of screwups?
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 23:59:23 -0700

Mark Davison writes:

|Is there a universal law that says, if you screw up and open up your Leica
|before completely rewinding the roll, (due to fatigue, inattention and/or
|total incompetence), then it is certain that the roll will contain pictures
|NOT of great art or photojournalism, but instead of totally irreplaceable
|candid shots of your wife's best friend and her children. You know, the
|friend that she hasn't seen in 2 years, and won't see for another 2 years?

Yes --- the machine will get you (never blame yourself).  Been there, done
that...but I usually only lose about three frames.  Usually it is because I
thought the camera was empty of film.  Whoops...didn't know the camera was
loaded and I am so, so sorry my friend....(Sung to the tune of I didn't know
the gun was loaded...)

|By the way, did anyone point out to B.D. that the front side Leica dot on
|the LHSA black paint model is molded in black plastic? Probably in his
|honor. No stinking red dots on that camera.

Does this mean that black dots are available and I can replace the gaudy red
dot with an understated black dot?  Cool.  BD will lose his lock on the black
tape market.

Bill