Subject: RE: [Leica] stuck 50
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 17:25:49 -0400

> I sure would not hesitate to
> send it back or get it repaired immediately because it will only get worse
> whatever the problem is.

Yes, it's a month old 50/2 Summicron-M.  Actually, I've shot a few rolls
through it since that incident, and had no problems whatever.  I think it
sat funny in my camera bag in the trunk of my car one hot afternoon and that
made the grease (or whatever) on the lens focusing ring stick at that one
spot; all it needed was some loosening up by moving the focusing ring back
and forth a few times and all seems well now.  I certainly hope so, anyway.
If the problem recurs, I'll take it back to the dealer.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Dan