Subject: Re: [Leica] stuck 50
From: CamraLuvr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:16:01 EDT

Hi, I'm a new lugger.
At first I thought I new your problem.  In older lenses and after much use,
the 2 inner threaded brass focusing rings become worn.  Actually what happens
is the ring with the male part is what gets worn and can't reach the female
receiving ring at the other side of the lens.  Sound familiar guys?  One of
the common quick fixes was to hammer and shape the brass male end to be
thinner, but longer.  (Ouch!)  I apologize if my description seems vulgar to
some readers.  Anyway, all this is of no importance to this case as you
mentioned this was a 'new' lens.  I sure would not hesitate to send it back
or get it repaired immediately because it will only get worse whatever the
problem is.
CamraLuvr