Subject: Re: [Leica] bag & Heavy Leica!?
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:23:28 -0500

Darrell Wood wrote:

>>I purchased M equipment to reduce weight but am finding it heavy.
I currently carry around whilist travelling
M6 Body - Colour Slide
M6 Body - B & W
90m f2.8
35Asp f2
21Asp F 2.8
50 m f2
Sf20 Flash
Leica Polarizer
Gitzo table tripod
Film
misc<<

I'm always curious about what different people carry. My system varies,
depending on whether or not I'm hiking, cycling, traveling, attending an
event, doing a location shoot, or just going out on the town for an
evening. (In studio is not a fair assessment, since everything is there.)

I always have a camera close at hand. Sometimes I'll carry a Rollei 35S
(b/w) or a Contax T2 (color). Never do I carry both of those at the same
time. I can put either of those in a suit coat and nobody is the wiser.

For more serious stuff, I'll take one of two M6 bodies. When I mobile, I
don't carry two M6s at the same time very often. When I travel I'll take
both with me, but I always leave one behind when I'm walking around.

Here's a list of what I carry. I've items in order of importance. Those at
the top, I'll carry more often. Some things down the list may be
replacement items. For instance, if I carry a larger tripod or bag, it
means I'll leave the smaller behind.

QUITE OFTEN

M6 w/35/1.4 ASPH (Delta 100 or E100VS)
Yellow-green filter or polarizer (depending on film)
15/4.5 Heliar
Vivitar 2500
Flash hot shoe extension cord
Small bounce attachment.
Palm Pilot (for recording exposures)
Small leather fanny pack (small,light, but everything above fits)
90/2.8 Elmarit.
Belt clip case for Elmarit

LESS OFTEN

Red filter
Softar I Filter
Bogen monopod
28/2.8 Elmarit
Billingham Hadley Bag
Bogen tabletop tripod
21/2.8 ASPH
Porta 400VS
Velvia
Astia
Delta 400
HP5+
Promaster flash with slave and small stand
Small Gitzo 020 Reporter tripod
50/2 DR Summicron
2nd M6 body.
White reflector

RARELY

Gossen meter
Large Gitzo Studio tripod
Lowe Magnum Bag
Lumedyne Flash System (800 & 400 WS Power Packs, batteries, 2 heads, cords,
spare tube)
Light stands
Umbrella reflectors
Tungsten film

I can fit nearly everything in the Lowe Magnum bag, but it's a real load to
carry. I much prefer it when I travel light.

Dave