Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:39:51 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 6:37 PM
Subject: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.

> Tell us about your biggest, worst, most enlightening, whatever,
> photographic screw up.
>
> Might save some of us from doing the same.

CLIP!

This goes back to when I was foolish enough to do weddings! Then I was less
wise and used an Hasselblad!
I took a brand new 80/2,8 lens to a wedding, and failed to notice that the
little tab that kept the sych set to the "X" had slipped to the "M" setting.
I had always known that a lot of the local guys would set the switch to "X",
insert a wooden matchstick in the slot, and put a dab of glue there to keep
it from getting shifted to the "M" setting. I hated to do that to my brand
new lens..... Well, massive screw up- all the flash shots at the bride's
house came out horribly underexposed!
Never would have that problem with the Leica.... of course I don't count the
times I mis-loaded the LTMs!!
Dan (OOPS! Did I do that?) Post

Replies: Reply from Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.)