Subject: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:37:28 +1000

Tell us about your biggest, worst, most enlightening, whatever,
photographic screw up.

Might save some of us from doing the same.

I'll start.

Was using new R8 on a family photo shoot and asked them all to 'vous at
a local scenic site - a beautiful tree covered island in the middle of a
picturesQ lake.  So, I had to use all the features on my R8 didn't I?  I
carefully did flash metering tests with the TTL flash meter, and ended
up with beatifully exposed flash shots of the subjects, with incredibly
blown out backgrounds.  Had I thought for a moment about the background
exposure?.  No!  Have I done this again?  No!  Luckily, I took a whole
lot of other shots, without the impressive backgrounds. Phew!

Now, bare all everyone.

Regards

Rick Dykstra

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.)