Subject: RE: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:27:47 -0400

Perhaps the lens requires some unusual, scarce form of glass that is only
availanble in sufficient quantities to produce the 200 lenses.  Zeiss has
done something similar with their 300/2.8 lens for the Hasselblad.  There
simply isn't enough raw glass available for Zeiss to make more than a few
hundred of the lenses.

Dan C.