Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Borges & Marinho Fotografia <borges@marinho.com.br>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:27:15 -0300

  (sorry, my english is a little bit rusted)

  A competitor for Leica, yes, would be possible. If Nikon sells 80% of
their plants...labs...stocks, maybe then they could reach the size of the
Leica AG, so then could compete.
Of course Nikon would still produce a 35-70/2.8 or even a 28-70/2.8 for
half of the price... Leica has not to worry about today, just because Leica
means almost nothing in the Pro Market... yes, yes Leica means Quality,
High quality, of course, but thats still nothing in a million, billion
cameras market... Leica is like Ferrari, what Ferraris means "in sells" for
Fiat... Nothing... is just a trophy in a display cabinet.

I have a question for the Lug Friends (Even loving my Leicas), How many
years do you think Leica could survive in this Digital Revollution World ??

The Professional Photographer, I said Professional, who tell me thats
digital is not here to stay, would be:  kidding, lying, or never used a
good Digital Camera/Back(because
doesn't know how to operate it/doesn't have enough clients to afford one).

Try a Phase One Back, and you will never use a film again... for
Professional purposes... for Fine Art, nothing could be better than a black
and white film and a M6, until now...

  Regads,

  Luiz Marinho
  Sao Paulo - Brazil