Subject: Re: [Leica] Rodinal and 100 Speed Films
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:35:22 -0700

Rodinal was once my favorite developer.
Brilliant negatives, (absolutely stunning with Agfapan 25).
Lots of grain with higher EIs.

Bill Pierce suggested adding some NASO3 for ASA100
(to help smooth the grain out a bit).

My notes for 500 cc of developer:

Film           Light     E.I.      Rodinal      NASO3       Time

Agfapan  25    flat      25     10 cc (1:50)     none      5.0 min @68 degF
Agfapan 100    sunny     64     10 cc (1:50)     20cc      6.5 min @68 degF
Agfapan 100    flat      80     10 cc (1:50)     20cc      7.5 min @68 degF
Plus-x  100    sunny     64      7 cc (1:75)     15cc      12  min @68 degF

D76 1:1 gave more consistent results, but never produced the Rodinal/Agfapan
sharpness and "glow" with plus-x.

I'd try xtol with Agfapan if I were doing it today.

Mike

Replies: Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Rodinal and 100 Speed Films)