Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:10:09 -0400

Ted Grant wrote:

> I imagine if it became a very hot selling item with greater demand
> they'd be foolish not to fill the orders, however the production run was
> very limited right from the beginning.

Agreed - not sure I understand their philosophy, I thought Leica is in the
business of making first class photographic equipment, actually selling it,
and, "oh my God", making a profit.  Surely, unless there is an ulterior
motive, such as making sure there is a built in shortage, in which case the
manufacturer usually ups the price, it would be prudent to increase
production of any item for which there is such demand.  Seems Leica is being
run by a bunch of tired old men - make way, make way, for some of us who are
old in years, but not in spirit - Hugh Thompson

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???)