Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:52:41 -0700

Jeff Alford wrote:

> I can verify  what Tom says about the 17 pieces for the US for this fiscal
> year. Leica USA is not accepting any new orders at this time. I guess I was
> lucky to see 2 come to our store over the course of almost 2 years (one this
> year, one last year). Does anybody remember how hard it was to get the
> original 35 Summilux Aspherical (not APSH)?<<<<<<<<

It was my understanding when the lens was first announced they were only
producing something like 2 or 3 hundred....period!

I imagine if it became a very hot selling item with greater demand
they'd be foolish not to fill the orders, however the production run was
very limited right from the beginning.

So 17 lenses for New Jersey sounds just about right.

ted

Replies: Reply from "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???)