Subject: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:50:25 -0400 (EDT)

>from; http://www.toycamera.com/index.html
>Toy Camera Credo:
>To illuminate and rejuvenate, to inspire great visions of truth and

[snip]

aside from the "shoot from the heart, not the pocketbook" there are other
vast differences between the www.toycamera.com group and the leica uses
group, THEY KICK OUR ASSES every time. i'm absolutely serious, go ahead
and compare their site to ours. we should all be throwing our cameras in
the river and hiding our heads in shame. THESE are the 17 year olds with
half a clue who live down the block and take their $12 junkstore cameras
out and shoot their butts off every day.

when sue agostini goes out and takes pictures of her kids with her
holga they look remarkably like great photos, any one of which i'd hang
on my wall, not like very sharp pictures of some kid i don't care about.

michelle gienow's new years eve party shots are a hell of a lot better
than mine are. meg mulligan's nailpolish gallery shows a depth of
creativity rarely seen around here. then there are kim taylor's amazing
pro-quality shots....

go ahead and look at their galleries. then ask yourself why you spent
$1400 on that m6.

it's brutally depressing.

we still need to come up with a credo for the LUG; this ain't it though.

kc

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)
Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)
Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)