Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:25:04 -0700

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> >from; http://www.toycamera.com/index.html
> >Toy Camera Credo:
> >To illuminate and rejuvenate, to inspire great visions of truth and<<<< SNIP

> aside from the "shoot from the heart, not the pocketbook" there are other
> vast differences between the www.toycamera.com group and the leica uses
> group, THEY KICK OUR ASSES every time. <<<<<<<<<<

Hi Kyle,
One thing that seems to be missing here; .... Is any mention of the
"photographers talent in creating what they do with toy cameras."  I
imagine it wouldn't make a whit of difference to these people if they
were using Leica's, Holga's or pin hole's,  they'd do exciting pictures.

It's simply called talent of the shooter. This doesn't mean LUG members
aren't talented, it just means they may not spend as much time shooting
as Toy folks do.

"THEY KICK OUR ASSES every time."
I think this comment might be a tad on the heavy side, as we really
don't see the work of all the LUG members as many don't scan and post.
Besides, I and I'm sure many other LUGGERS never knew we were in any
kind of " visual Competition " with another list.  Toy Camera or Leica.

My advice?  Don't sweat it mon ami until you see real-time prints and
not what you see on the screen do you need to believe, " THEY KICK OUR
ASSES!"   Besides competitions never really prove anything other than
the judges usually pick the wrong print to win! ;-)

The real thing?  I bet those Toy camera folks never look at LUG members
web pages, least of all, I bet they don't give a flying hoop about what
any of us shoot nor the results!

Relax, have some fun by creating a self challenge to shoot the ass off
of those photographers in your post. Make you feel a hell of a lot
better than becoming agitated with the price of a Leica over a Toy Camera.

ted

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)