Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:57:14 +0200

I fail to understand what this has to do with gender. You could make exactly the
same comment about Ted Grant, Jim Brick or any number of other male
photographers on this list.

Incidentally, there is nothing wrong with treating your Leicas as tools but also
admiring their design and other physical attributes. They are a superb example
of  industrial design, an art form of our time and just as valid as other art
forms.

Nathan

Joe Codispoti wrote:

> There is something else that I take for granted about Tina. As a female, I
> am sure that she treats her Leicas as tools and not as "objects d'art". I am
> sure she has chosen her tools for their quality and reliability and not
> because of status or the red dot.
> The men among us who do not need to make a living with our Leicas, see the
> marque differently from women.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)