Subject: Re: [Leica] lest anyone think otherwise
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:44:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/00 1:31:36 PM, dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec writes:

> M-s are not perfect for every situation I'm asked to shoot, but I like
>
>using them when I can and as I get used to them, I like the results better
>
>each time.  For me the price is worth it even if the extra edge gets lost
>in
>
>reproduction.  I can't quite nail it all down and the skeptics would say
>
>hogwash... But I feel differently when I'm shooting with it

I have felt that I sort of lost my edge as a photographer over the years.
Buying Leicas was in part an attempt to rekindle the flame. Personally, I
think it's worked. I'm taking much more interest in photography and working
harder to come up with personal stories and nice images to go along with
them. FWIW, I won the "Photographer of the Year" title in the Cooperative
Communicators Association's photo contest this year. Not that means anything,
mind you. There are only a dozen or so competant photographers in the
association so the competition is pretty weak. Still, I hadn't won the title
in some time (I took it twice about 8 years ago) but I did this year. I
attribute that to just caring a bit more about photography this year -- and
that is, at least, in part due to the Leicas . . .

Bob (owner of an extremely expensive plaque if you factor the Leicas) McEowen