Subject: Re: [Leica] lest anyone think otherwise
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2000 13:40:43 -0700

On Tue, 13 June 2000, Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

<SNIP>

> I have felt that I sort of lost my edge as a photographer over the years.
> Buying Leicas was in part an attempt to rekindle the flame. Personally, I
> think it's worked. I'm taking much more interest in photography and working
> harder to come up with personal stories and nice images to go along with
> them. FWIW, I won the "Photographer of the Year" title in the Cooperative
> Communicators Association's photo contest this year. Not that means anything,
> mind you. There are only a dozen or so competant photographers in the
> association so the competition is pretty weak. Still, I hadn't won the title
> in some time (I took it twice about 8 years ago) but I did this year. I
> attribute that to just caring a bit more about photography this year -- and
> that is, at least, in part due to the Leicas . . .
>
> Bob (owner of an extremely expensive plaque if you factor the Leicas) McEowen

The SL did the same thing for me 20 years ago (rekindled the flame, not the plaque).  In part it was the better technical quality of the chromes, in part the camera's quick handling that allowed more kinds of photos, but mostly the SL challenged me to deserve the camera.  I got more "keepers" in the first 6 months with the SL than in the previous 10 years with the N****.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!